Amazon has finally entered the wars of the search engines with its formal debut of A9.com. Is it trying to venture into Google's territory just like the way the latter is cautiously reaching out into Amazon's region with Froogle? hmm..
The site is simply superb. Some of the more appealing features I found were:
- A9.com remembers what you last searched,
- recommends sites based on what the other users preferred,
- provides different views of frequently visited sites
- gives you a bookmark column where you could store result items, ie. bookmark them, enabling you to view and edit the results of searches they last performed.
- Another remarkable feature was that of allowing me to save notes about the webpages that I visit.
The site is definitey usable and may go on to mark a change in the way people search information forcing a search company or two, to rethink their strategies!